We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
The Sustainability team:
- The sustainability team is a new effort with a mission to maximize the positive impact of carsharing on climate and cities. The first objective will be to make the usage of EVs as convenient and reliable as Gas cars on the platform.
- The team is composed of a Product Manager, a backend developer, 2 mobile developers, and a data analyst. Our objective is to find a Full-Stack Engineer that will work on these objectives as well as manage the backend developer and grow the team from 1 to at least 2-3 this year.
What you will bring to the team:
- Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for rigorous people with a strong hacker mindset who cherish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- As a manager, you also have good communication skills, have a product mindset, are benevolent, and genuinely want to make your team grow.
What you will work on:
- Manage a team of engineers
- Help the team plan, execute and ship releases while respecting timelines and high-quality development, working closely with the product and leadership teams
- Coach and mentor engineers, so they excel at their work and grow
- Build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
- Work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high.
- Build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
- Gain ownership on a part of the codebase, and contribute to growing it in accordance with our standards and good practices
- Review code from your peers.
- Use and contribute to our in-house design system.
- Collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
What skills we are looking for:
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby on Rails 6 with Ruby 2.7
- TypeScript & React with Webpack, Yarn, Babel
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- MySQL, Redis, Snowflake
- A strong internal design system
- Monitoring dashboards built with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
Why you should apply:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with offices in Oslo and global headquarters in San Francisco. Our product is available in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium, and Austria. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1:1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- A remote-friendly policy: this position is based in our Oslo office with up to 2 days of remote work per week.
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- Free lunch at the office
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited 400 kr vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter, and/or Github usernames are appreciated!